Hi Everyone, so excited when I noticed that The Dusty Attic
is having a DT Call. I just love their beautiful products
and especially their Dusty Attic chipboard
. Using The Dusty Attic Stencils
for mixed media creates such pretty backgrounds and texture.
Now here is my cards
For my first card I used beautiful Dusty Attic chipboards
with the coloured image. The pretty chipboard just added beautiful texture and provided the perfect choice for embellishing the card.
Step by Step:
1. Cut pattern paper, distress edges and layer onto card front. Use stencil with Modeling Paste.
2. Colour image, die-cut with stitched oval and distress the edges. Gesso Dusty Attic chipboard
and paint with Acrylic Paint. Adhere chipboard and image to card front.
Tip: Gesso prepares (primes) the chipboard for painting and makes it ready to accept acrylic paint.
3. Make Foamiran flowers, colour with Oil Pastels and adhere to card front. Add pearl embellishments and bow to finish.
For this card I wanted to create a mixed media masculine card. The Dusty Attic Stencil
and Dusty Attic Chipboards
created the perfect Paris scene and texture.
Step by Step:
1. Gesso mixed media paper and Dusty Attic chipboard
. Colour Dusty Attic chipboard
with Distress Oxide.
2. Create a blended background on mixed media paper using Distress Ink and Oxide. Create a cobblestone path and clouds using stencils with texture and modeling paste.
Tip: If you want to create a smooth soft blended background, make sure you choose a heavier paper with a smooth surface. This will help the ink apply and blend much more smoothly and evenly.
3. Foil sentiment and add glossy accent to lamp post and bicycle chipboard. Adhere sentiment and chipboard to card front using 3D foam pads and glue to finish.
Art Basics White and Black Gesso. Art Basics White Sand Texture Paste. Art Basics Modeling Paste. Reeves Mixed Media Sheet. Distress Oxide: Antique Linen, Evergreen Bough, Frayed Burlap, Forest Moss and Salty Ocean. Distress Ink: Broken China, Peeled Paint, Stormy Sky and Walnut Stain. Ranger Glossy Accents. Acrylic Paint. Couture Creations Heat Foil.
Holding thumbs that I would be able to join their lovely DT. It will be such a privilege to work with The Dusty Attic Products
and create projects.
I would like to enter the following challenges:
The Dusty Attic Challenge Blog.
Theme: August Mood Board Challenge (Birthday Card).
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog.
Theme: For The Girls + Sentiment (Birthday Card).
Back To Basics and Beyond Challenge Blog.
Theme: Use A Digital Image (Birthday Card).
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge Blog
. Theme: Clean and Simple (Paris Card).
Allsorts Challenge Blog.
Theme: From Boys To Men (Paris Card).
Mix It Up Challenge Blog.
Theme: Anything Goes (Paris Card).
Thank you for visiting me, I always appreciate you taking the time to leave a lovely comment.